As in 2009-10, on the occasion of the Priestly Year, the Directorate of the Vatican Museums has planned an important initiative to mark the Year of Faith, called for by His Holiness Benedict XVI from 11 October 2012 to 24 November 2013.
Faithful to their special mission, the Pope's Museums will renew their contribution to the life of the Church by offering a special programme of guided tours to all pilgrims who visit the Vatican on this special occasion.
Conducted by expert guides, such as the Sisters of the Congregation of the Missionaries of the Divine Revelation, the privileged visitors "will cross the threshold of Faith through Beauty", following, in three phases, an evocative itinerary of Art and Faith: "Sculpted Faith" in the Museo Pio Cristiano, "Painted Faith" in the Sistine Chapel and "Professed Faith" in Saint Peter's Basilica.
- Duration of the initiative: 11 October 2011 - 21 November 2013.
- Itinerary of the visit: Museo Pio Cristiano, Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter's Basilica.
- Visiting days and hours: Tuesday 9.00 and Wednesday 13.30 (in Italian); Thursday 9.00 (in English).
N.B. On the days indicated above there will be only one daily visit.
- Duration of the visit: approximately 3 hours.
- Type of tour: group (max 30 participants).
- Languages availabie for the guided tour: Italian and English (depending upon the day of the week).
- Cost of the visit: free, upon presentation of the appropriate documentation issued by the Parish or other ecclesiastical authority, attesting to the pilgrimage.
The Vatican Museums allow free access to the papal collections, while the guides are offered by the Sisters and volunteers of the Congregation of the Missionaries of the Divine Revelation. The company Antenna International provides the listening equipment free of charge.
- Booking: + 39 0669884676 - + 39 0669883145; or firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking will be confirmed by the Office for Public Relations, by means of a voucher.
N.B. The booking request must be submitted at least three working days prior to the date of the visit.
- Useful information: the tours on Tuesday and Thursday enable participation in the Holy Mass in Saint Peter's Basilica (12.00); the Wednesday tour enables visitors to attend both the General Audience of the Holy Father (10.00, upon request at the Prefecture of the Papal Household), and the Holy Mass in Saint Peter's Basilica (17.00).
- Information: Directorate of the Museums - Office for Public Relations
Tel. + 39 0669884676 - + 39 0669883145